This Cauliflower Fried Rice is healthy, gluten-free and vegan. It’s low calorie, low carb and low cost! It’s jam-packed with veggies, flavours and nutrients, it’s the perfect healthy ‘fakeaway’!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Cauliflower fried rice is one of my favourite meals to meal prep. It’s such an easy and delicious way to get in loads of vegetables. This recipe is also ideal if you have lots of vegetables in the fridge that needs using up.
The only ingredient that you will need every time is: Cauliflower. So make sure you have some cauliflower at the ready, or even just keep a big bag in the freezer!
This recipe contains no ACTUAL rice, but feel free to add some in if you prefer a higher carb meal!
This recipe is perfect as a side dish, or add some crispy tofu to make a meal out of it!
I’m not going to lie to you and say that it’s the veggies that makes this dish – cause it’s not. It’s the sauce of course! The Chinese-inspired sauce drizzled all over the vegetables turns this simple bunch of veg into an instant fake takeaway (or ‘fakeaway’).
How to make Cauliflower Fried Rice
To make fried rice without any actual rice, you need to turn the cauliflower into a rice-like consistency. You can do this by grating fresh (or defrosted) cauliflower florets. If you have a food processor or blender you can pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice. Make sure to not blend it too much, otherwise, it becomes cauliflower puree!
As for the rest of the veggies, this is completely down to your taste and preference. I see this recipe as a Chinese dish, so I mostly stick to vegetables that usually go well in a stir-fry such as:
- Bell Peppers
- Spring Onions
You can, however, use any vegetables you have in your fridge or freezer. I also like to add a vegetable higher in protein like peas, edamame or sweet corn!
NOW – as mentioned before: the magic happens when you add the sauce.
The sauce is very simple, and I am sure you have most if not all of the ingredients. And if you don’t have them – invest in them and make sure you always have them in your pantry. I use these ingredients every week!
- Gluten-free soya sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil (I don’t like cooking with oil, but this adds such an amazing flavour so don’t skip it!)
- Sriracha (best hot sauce EVER!)
- Garlic Powder
These six ingredients are my must-have ingredients to make a delicious Chinese-inspired dish.
This recipe is so easy to make, stir-fry the vegetables and add in the cauliflower rice and sauce and it’s ready to be served! It’s an amazing dish to meal prep and have as a snack, side or lunch throughout the week!
Let me know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment down below, rate the recipe and send me your photos on Instagram! Tag me as @kitseats and #kitseats!
Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
- 700 grams Cauliflower (Fresh or Frozen)
- 4 Carrots
- 1-2 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Peas
- 6 Spring Onions
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp Gluten-free Soya Sauce (or Coconut Aminos)
- 20 grams Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until it is all broken down. (You could also grate it!)
- Chop up (or julienne) the carrots, bell pepper and spring onions.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to a wok and heat until small bubbles form. Add in the vegetables (not the cauliflower). Stir-fry for a couple of minutes until just cooked, but still crunchy.
- Add in the cauliflower "rice" and stir-fry.
- Add in the sauce and combine.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and serve!
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days!