This Choc Chip Cookie Mug Cake is healthy, gluten-free, vegan, oil-free and nut-free! All you need is 6 ingredients, a mug, 15 minutes and you have yourself a deliciously gooey dessert!Jump to Recipe
Mug cakes are perfect when you want a quick dessert, but you don’t particularly feel like baking. This recipe is especially perfect for such times as you only need 5 ingredients and you can make it in the mug or bowl you’re baking it in!
Over the past couple of months, I have developed an insatiable sweet tooth. The more I bake, the more I want to eat baked goods! Strange, isn’t it? (can you sense my sarcasm?)
So, I have been trying to come up with recipes that I can make smaller portions of so that I don’t devour a batch of muffins in one day. Mug cakes are the PERFECT solution.
This Choc Chip Cookie Mug Cake is:
- Gooey in the middle
- Fluffy on the outside
- Packed with protein
- SO SATISFYING!
How to make a Choc Chip Cookie Mug Cake
You only need 6 ingredients for this recipe!
You will need:
- Half a medium banana (around 50 – 60 grams). The banana serves as an oil substitute in this recipe. I love recipes you don’t need oil for as I like getting my healthy fats from different food sources (like peanut butter!!!)
- You will also need some sort of unrefined sugar syrup such as maple syrup, agave or fruit syrup.
- Plant milk provides as the liquid for this recipe and also offers healthy fats (if you use nut milk) and extra protein. I use unsweetened soya milk, but any vegan milk will do!
- Gluten-free Self-raising flour. I love self-raising flour for this recipe as it rises SO MUCH without adding any baking powder or soda. You can alternatively use all-purpose flour with 1/2 a tsp of baking powder.
- Protein Powder. If you don’t already know by now, I love baking with vegan protein powder. It’s such a delicious way to get in loads of protein and if you use a flavoured protein powder it just ups your mug cake game by 100. You could, however, replace it with more flour.
- And of course: Chocolate Chips! This ingredient is non-negotiable. (it’s a choc chip cookie mug cake, duh!) You could use chopped chocolate instead, just make sure it’s vegan or dairy-free!
Add all of these ingredients to a mug, or oven-safe bowl and bake for 15 minutes! The middle will be gooey, so if that’s not your vibe: bake it for longer!
You could potentially make this in a microwave, however, I have not tested this as I don’t own one! So try 2-3 minutes and let me know what happens…
If you make this recipe and loved it, let me know down in the comments! If you have not yet subscribed to my newsletter I would really appreciate it if you did!
If you liked this recipe why not try:
Choc Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- 1/2 Banana (50-60 grams)
- 1 tbsp Syrup
- 100 ml Plant Milk
- 50 grams Self-Raising Flour (Gluten-free)
- 30 grams Vegan Protein Powder
- Chocolate Chips (as much as you like)
- Salt (optional, but recommended)
- Mash your banana in an oven-safe bowl.
- Add the syrup and milk and mix well.
- Add in the flour and combine and then mix in the protein powder.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and mix in chocolate chips. Don't forget to add some more to the top!
- Bake in a pre-heated oven @ 180°C for 15 minutes!
- You can substitute the self-raising flour for all-purpose flour and 1/2 a tsp of baking powder