This Pumpkin Mug Cake recipe is healthy, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free and oil-free! It’s light, fluffy and super quick and easy to make! A perfect comforting Autumnal breakfast or snack!Jump to Recipe
Mug cakes are perfect for when you’re craving something a little bit ‘naughty’ but don’t want to make a whole batch of muffins. They are also really easy and quick to make in the microwave!
They make an amazing snack, and by adding protein powder they become an amazing breakfast or post-workout snack!
This Pumpkin Mug Cake is filled with comforting Autumnal spices that take this mug cake to a whole other level of goodness. Pure happiness is what I feel when eating this mug cake.
This Protein Pumpkin Mug Cake is:
- Ready in 5 minutes
- High in protein
- Made with 6-ingredients!
- Warming, comforting and satisfying!
How to make this Protein Pumpkin Mug Cake:
What you will need:
– Gluten-free self-raising flour. I have also used Gluten-free plain flour and this also works but is a bit more denser.
– Plant-based protein powder. I used my all-time favourite protein powder by the amazing Honest Earth. You can use any flavour you have on hand, but as this is a pumpkin-spiced cake I would recommend Vanilla or unflavoured.
– Pumpkin Puree. I used tinned Pumpkin Puree, but this can be surprisingly hard to find so you could easily make your own!
– Plant-based milk. I used unsweetened soya milk for added protein, but almond or oat milk will also work!
– Liquid Sweetener. I used Sweet Freedom Vanilla Syrup, but you can use maple syrup or agave too!
– Spices! In my opinion, this is what takes this mug cake from good to perfection! I used a mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, but if you have a pre-made pumpkin spice mix you could use that!
Mix all of these ingredients in a mug (if you are baking it in the oven, make sure to use an oven-safe mug or bowl!). Microwave for 2-3 minutes. If you don’t have a microwave (like me) bake this for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
Serve warm with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and some extra cinnamon!
Want some more easy protein recipes: Why not try these:
If you make this recipe, please leave your feedback in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@kitseats) I would love to hear from you!
Protein Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp Gluten-free Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbsp Liquid Sweetener
- 3 tbsp Plant-based milk
- Mix dry ingredients in a large greased mug or microwave-friendly bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Microwave for 2 – 3 minutes until cooked. OR bake @ 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with some coconut yoghurt and extra cinnamon!