Black Forest Protein Muffins
These Black Forest Protein Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast packed with protein and flavour! They are healthy, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free! They are also delicious + very easy to make!
- 220 grams Gluten-Free Self Raising Flour
- 20 grams Corn Flour
- 100 grams Vegan Protein Powder
- 400 ml Plant Milk
- 4 tbsp Plant Yoghurt
- 80 ml Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 blocks Vegan Chocolate
- 16-24 Pitted Cherries (fresh or frozen)
Sift flour and protein powder into a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. (ensure the liquids are all room temperature when you add the coconut oil. If the coconut oil turns solid once added to the liquids, heat it over a pan slightly just until the oil melts again.)
Add the baking powder to the wet ingredients.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Lightly fold in the melted chocolate or chocolate chunks into the batter and pour into 8 greased muffin cases.
Top each muffin off with 2-3 cherries and bake @ 180°C for 25 minutes.
- I recommend dividing the batter into 8 cases to make bigger muffins, although you can make more, but smaller muffins if you like. Just bake them for a shorter amount of time.
- You can use oat flour instead of self-raising flour.
- You can replace the coconut oil with vegetable or canola oil too, I prefer using unrefined oil.